This module explains the broad concept of elder leadership in the church, in particular the key passages about elders as leaders. Part 1.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Why do you think humble, servant leadership is so important for spiritual leadership?
- The two meanings of prohistemi talked about in the lecture are “to rule, direct” and “to manage.” How do these two functions differ? How do you see these to working together?
- Is it valuable for Christians to attend leadership conferences and read books on the subject? What cautions do we need to take?
- Describe two leaders that you know to be humble, servant leaders.
- Pray the Lord will show you areas of your life where you have been resistant to humbly serving others. What steps do you need to change in that area?
“Spiritual Leadership” by J. Oswald Sanders