Part 1 in a series to help the learner understand that elders need to shepherd themselves before they can care for others.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What do you think are the greatest obstacles to elders being accountable to one another?
- How is humbleness a key character trait in the effectiveness of accountability?
- Why in your estimation is it important for the elders to first watch out for themselves before they can care for the congregation?
- Do you have an accountability partner or a mentor—someone who has your permission to confront you with error, character slippage, or mistakes? When was the last time someone has actually pointed out something in your life that needs to be corrected? If it has been a long time or never, then your assignment is to find a trusted friend and ask him to point out three to five good qualities about you, and one area of your life that needs attention.
The Man in the Mirror by Patrick Morley