In this four part series, Chuck Gianotti examines the role and practical implications of a full-time elder as part of a team of elders in the local church.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Which of the ways of financially supporting a full-time elder makes the most sense to you?
- What are some of the practical needs a full-time worker has that everyone else has?
- Is there any value in keeping the full-time worker in a state of neediness so as to be sure that he is looking to the Lord for meeting his needs and not the church?
- Consider the following: 1) Could you be characterized as someone who is concerned about the level of support for the full-time elder in your church? 2) Is your church adequately meeting the needs of its full-time elder? 3) Does you church sometimes reward non-fulltime elders for the sacrificial time they put into preaching and teaching the word well? Write your answers down in order to crystalize your thoughts.
- How can you stir up the rest of the elders in this matter?