Part 5 of 6 on Leading with Love, this segment address three negative character qualities a leader must avoid: envy, boasting, and arrogance.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Elaborate from your own personal experiences (without naming names) any observations of damages caused by an envious ministry leader.
- What are some positive character traits that would serve as an “antidote” to a boastful, self-absorbed ministry leader.
- Compile a list of possible benefits for a leader who is humble as opposed to one who is arrogant.
- Contemplate the enormous potential destruction that envy, boasting, and arrogance can cause in a local church. Survey briefly each chapter of I Corinthians. As you do, compile a list of the problems, divisions, and conflicts you encounter. See if you can connect envy, boasting, or arrogance as the source of any of the problems.
- Memorize Col 3:4. Do you see ways in which boast in yourself is “life” or is Christ your life?
If You Bite and Devour One Another; Biblical Principles for Handling Conflicts, by Alexander Strauch