The student should understand the importance of continually seeking to improve and develop his people skills as he shepherds God’s people. This unit will focus specifically on loving people and being available to those he is serving.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- From your own understanding of David’s life, what would you suggest were examples of guiding the people “with his skillful hand."
- Why do you feel it is sometimes difficult to love people over whom you are a leader or elder?
- What are some practical ways you can be available to people as an expression of your love for them?
- Read 1 Cor. 13:1-7. Make a list of any areas that you may feel need improvement as you minister to people. Incorporate this list into your regular prayer time.
Leading With Love by Alexander Strauch, Lewis and Roth Publishers
Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur, W Publishing Group