The apostle Peter in his first epistle gave an urgent call to elders to shepherd the people of God. Join Alex Strauch as he challenges elders today with this special message, “The Importance of a Elder’s Presence.”Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
Support ResourcesOne-minute Shepherding
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- How would you describe what the speaker calls “an invisible shepherd?” What would a man like this look like on a Sunday morning?
- Why is it important to be at the front door and greet people, especially as they leave?
- How does ministering to people in times of physical suffering enhance your shepherding presence among the people?
- Read the the article listed above under "Supporting Resources." For the next two Sundays, find two individuals or couples that you can practice one-minute shepherding with. Also, find a visitor and spend time making them feel welcome.