This is one of a four-part series on the importance of elders protecting the congregation from the influences of the world.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- When faced with an issue Paul always led the saints to the Word of God. How can we create such a culture within our local churches?
- Timidity is not holiness. Why does such confusion exist and what can elders do about it?
- Are you overly timid and afraid to assert yourself? In what areas is this most evident? What verses can you use to help you become more bold? (Consider 2 Tim. 1:7-8, Isa. 40:30-31, Isa. 41:10, Josh. 1:6-7, Deut. 31:6, etc.). Commit some of these verses to memory.
- What alarms, attacks or abuses have you seen in the last five years at your church? How were they handled? Have people’s fears been allayed? How have things been affected by those fears, by the elders response and to the congregation's growth in faith?