“Being apt to teach” and “holding fast the Word” are essential for the edification and protection of the flock. This lesson considers why. Part 2 of 2.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What do you think is the evidence that a person is actually “apt to teach?” How should you determine this?
- What would be the consequences of having elders who were not “apt to teach” or not “holding fast to the faithful word,” so long as there were others in the fellowship who were gifted to teach?
- Ask your fellow elders and others to give you honest feedback about your ability to teach the Word.
- Read at least one book this coming year that is aimed at improving your Scripture-handling skills.
How to Teach the Bibleby Lucien E. Coleman
Scripture Twisting: 20 Ways the Cults Misread the Bible by James Sire
Exegetical Fallacies by D.A. Carson
Doctrine Twisting: How Core Biblical Truths Are Distorted by H. Wayne House