This message demonstrates that eldership is not a new doctrine but one that has been in effect for God’s people since the Old Testament. Part 2 of 9.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
Click here for the next lesson in this series.
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Why do you think that when there is so much teaching about eldership in the NT, that churches continue to go with the pastor-centric form of government?
- How would you respond to the objection: “The church should adopt the form of government that is most effective for its time and culture?”
- Make a list of the elders in your church, and indicate in what areas they are particularly strong and act in the role of "first among equals." How does their leadership show in those areas? Is there evidence that the other elders allow the "first among equals" to lead?
- Make a list of people in your church that function as "first among equals" in their various ministries? How does their leadership show?