There are four major roles of elders. This video addresses the first two – teaching the flock and protecting the flock. Part 8 of 9.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
Click here for the next lesson in this series.
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- The speaker talks about preparing future elders and teachers for our churches (1 Tim. 2:2). What is your church doing to train young men to be elders and teachers? If your church isn’t doing anything, what are some simple ways to get such a program started?
- Why is it so important to instruct the flock of God in the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27)? How does this tie into the second job of an elder, to protect the flock?
- Interview two or more elders of your church about a time when they had to address a serious doctrinal issue. What steps did they take in dealing with it? What was the congregation's response? Was the issue fully dealt with and resolved?
- Are there any issues in your church right now that require specific teaching? Are there any issues that require protecting the people from? What steps can be taken to address those things?